3 minSports
Ravens' Rashod Bateman faces domestic charges over alleged attack on car with baby inside
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Rashod Bateman turned himself in to police and faces three domestic violence charges after allegedly attacking his ex-girlfriend's car while their three-month-old child was inside.
Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Rashod Bateman turned himself in to police and faces three domestic violence charges in connection with a June incident in which he allegedly attacked his ex-girlfriend's car while their three-month-old child was inside. The charges include battery-family violence, reckless conduct, and first-degree criminal damage to property.
According to court documents first reported by TMZ, the incident occurred on June 3. The victim, whose name has not been released, told police that Bateman used a blunt object to break the windshield and driver's side windows of her 2021 Mercedes-Benz. The shattered glass caused multiple small lacerations and contusions to her face. The couple's child was sitting in a baby seat in the back row at the time.
Bateman, 26, turned himself in immediately following the incident, but the case did not become public until Friday. The Ravens then issued a statement acknowledging the situation. "We are aware of the situation involving Rashod and have been in direct communication with him," the team said. "We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process. As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment."
The timing of the team's awareness remains unclear. The Ravens opened training camp in late July, with the first practice on July 29. Bateman was present and has remained with the team since then. Quarterback Lamar Jackson told reporters he was happy to have one of the team's top receivers "back on the field," raising questions about whether the club knew of the pending charges when he practiced.
Bateman signed a three-year, $36.75 million contract extension with Baltimore in June 2025, including $20 million in guaranteed money. He was originally ordered to have no contact with the mother of his child, but later asked the court to remove the no-contact order when she agreed. The court approved the request, though Bateman was ordered to complete a training class aimed at preventing violent contact.
Bateman's legal team released a statement saying, "We will let the process play out and the facts will come out at that time." The NFL has faced a number of domestic violence incidents during the 2026 offseason, and this case adds to that record as the league and the Ravens await further legal proceedings.
